Friday, November 9, 2007

Thankful......

There's No Place Like Home......

Wow, It has been a a really crazy, weird month. First Off--It really saddens me that Jeb's Mother and Grandmother lost their homes in the San Diego Fire. When the fire's first started Al said he had a feelin that this was going to be a bad one. There has been very little rain so everything is so dry!! Then the wind gust got over 80-90mph. You hear some fireman tales that the fire was moving over 50mph at it's worst.

When Al & I realized that this was going to be bad for so many....we also knew we were not really prepared for a full scale evacuation ourselfs. What do you take? How long to you have to pack? We do now have all the "important" papers in one place---I don't think I could really grab all of our pictures, but I could get most of them. But then I think of Jeb's Mom---she was away on a short trip---certainly could not grab anything, could she.

All of this really got me thinking---What is home, What did I crave during this stressful time?
I just wanted my family all together--so I called them all and told them what to do or where to call if needed. That is home to me, just knowing they are all safe. Ok--with that plan in play, and Al working long, long, hours ---You would think that I would have loads of time to organize and clean and make things pretty in our house----But no. At the dwelling we call home, I was glued to the TV, getting more and more depressed. So, I headed to My Local Scrapbook Store (It's About Time...). I always find peace and love there, no not from the paper, but from the people there. What a great place just to chill and do something I love---Talk and Create. Poor Amy, Lisa, and Mel, they got stuck with me because I don't have to call ahead and see if they are up for Company. And I do feel at home there. There you go---I have another place I call home! And of Course---where ever my Mom is, that is my home too! I also have a place on the internet a home of sorts because I love all of those people too. That is TallyScrappers, I always have that warm cozy feeling there. I know sounds strange but I truly feel love there. I also have to say that because of my LSS, I have truly met some of the nicest people that I believe I will have for a good long time. They are my home too!

So I have to say, no matter where I lay down to sleep that I will always have a home. Home to me is not just a roof over my head, but much more!

I am so Thankful for my Husband, Children, My Mom, My Sisters and My friends who always welcome me home! Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: