The best thing about making scrapbook pages with pictures from your childhood and from your extended family is getting in touch with long ago memories. Also some with the stories told to you about your extended family---where you come from.
These pictures represent my childhood. I love them. I so remember parts of this time in my life. I am wearing my favorite childhood dress (I am so glad my parents got a picture of me in it). The dress was brown with a silly little primary colored clown. I would have worn this dress every day.
The funny thing looking at these pictures is my knees. Man I hated my knees as a young thin kid growing up. Even at a thin or normal weight, I have this awful fat pocket right at the knee. My knee alway looked gigantic. We always tease my mom about our bangs and our hair cut. But, I guess we just did not know how to sit still during the scissor sessions. I must have moved around a lot---there are pretty crooked. But look at my sister Pam, she is stylin. She has the cute little crop pant (I wonder if they were called clam diggers, or what then???, must ask Mom). She has the cute little polo shirt, but I wonder why it is buttoned all the way up? Did every one button polos all the way up. Now days that look a little stuffy, you usually have at least one button undone.
I know us women have come a long way since the early 60's. We can make choices like to be a working mom or if possible not and other things like most homes have two cars etc. But I have to say the whole non electonic, slower pace was a good time to grow up.
Ahhh....memories
Anyway.......


0 comments:
Post a Comment